Snoring Home Remedies
There are some home remedies you can try to eliminate your snoring. Snoring home remedies may not cure your snoring, but if not you can see your doctor for treatment. So, while you’re waiting to see your doctor, what do you have to lose by trying a simple home solution to your snoring?
Snoring constantly can ruin relationships. Couples have divorced over the refusal of a spouse to treat their snoring. Snoring can also be a sign that you have underlying heart disease or diabetes. Snoring is usually an indicator that you have a greater chance of developing cardiovascular disease, suffering stroke developing diabetes If you don’t already suffer from any of these. If you are obese you are far more likely to snore.
Don’t eat excessively before going to sleep. Don’t drink alcoholic beverages or have a “night cap” before you go to sleep. Don’t smoke before going to sleep.
If you snore it may also be a sign you have sleep apnea. Snoring or sleep apnea can both prevent you from getting enough restful sleep due to your brain waking you up to prompt you to breath. You usually don’t remember waking up, but your brain never gets into the deep REM sleep you need for good sleep hygiene. The result is you may feel tired and sleepy all day. Snoring can also result in morning headaches, lightheadedness, and also irritability throughout the rest of your day.
A major cause of snoring is being overweight or obese. Fat tissue builds up around your throat and causes your throat muscle tissues to sag. Losing weight can help with the snoring caused by obesity. By losing weight, you will eventually stop snoring or at least minimize it. If you are still overweight but on the process of slimming down, try to sleep on your side. Studies have found that laying flat on your back when you sleep causes snoring.
A few other things you can try include raising the head of your bed or buying an adjustable bed. Try out some of the snoring home remedies available in your local pharmacy. Breathing strips, nasal sprays and anti snoring herbal treatments are available there.
Let’s recap some snoring home remedies that you can consider before visiting your doctor:
• Stop smoking – Smoking before going to bed causes your throat muscles to relax.
• Stop drinking alcoholic beverages – As with smoking it will also cause your throat muscles to relax.
• Stop eating heavy meals before bedtime – It will also cause your throat muscles to relax.
• Stop taking sedatives – Also relaxes your throat muscles.
• Sleep on your side – Light to moderate snorers will be more silent when sleeping on their side.
• Get rid of large pillows – It’s comfortable but it’s a snore contributor.
• Raise your bed – Elevating your bed from the upper torso will stop snoring. Get an old book and elevate the legs of the head of the bed with it.
These are the simple yet effective home remedies that can free you from snoring. By following these simple tips you can be sure that you and your sleeping partner will have a good nights sleep.
Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.